Now we know, with so many things to do in Clifton, it is almost impossible to think of any at all. Thus, we have compiled a short list of Must Dos for you To Do when you are obliged to lead the tour of Bristol in style.
Remember, these are highly recommended suggestions and not lightly based opinions. Try not to push yourself too hard on achieving all ten; though do try some combinations, like 1 then 4, or perhaps 3 followed by 6, or an all for glory 8 and 10. Depends on the outing of course, it is a self tailored Clifton discovery guide!
1) Clifton Suspension Bridge- A must see for locals and visitors, not just a bridge, an architectural monument, Brunel at his finest.
2) Bristol Zoo- from the Turtle maze to the Gorilla island, it is a wonderland for all!
3) Feeling creative and hands on? The Village Pottery provides classes in pottery and a lovely tea room to wheely relax in. (Apologies for terrible pun)
4) A Pimm’s and sit out in the secret garden of No 4, a grade listed building for a true experience of Clifton…
5) Or perhaps the Lido for a dip in the pool and a one hour treatment of your choice, while you imagine your high heels where your slippers now sit.
6) Racks for a buzzing gastro pub experience with a wide selection of gins ales and all things nice!
7) Or maybe the Cowshed for exceptional local organic food, delicious and atmospheric.
8) The Square- Scrumptious cocktails, live music, wall displays of video art, it is boutique, unique and very chic!
9) If you prefer more of a local pub, the Lansdown definitely fits the bill. Ales, ciders, lovely outdoor garden, a little home from home (if you grew up in a pub)
10) Last and certainly not least, the Red Light Bar- Not in Clifton, though where is it? A secret location, entry only after knocking. They can be exclusive, but it is well worth a try, if not for the moody décor and the cocktails, but for the chance to boast.
So there is your rough guide to Clifton and Bristol and there is nothing rough about it!
Posted on:: 17 July 2014 | Posted by:: Phae