The Washington is our only guesthouse, offering excellent value hotel rooms alongside fantastic facilities, a home from home feel and great service. Located within walking distance of Bristol City Centre with its many shops, bars and restaurants as well as numerous points of interest - the Harbourside, Bristol Cathedral and Millenium Square to name a few. It's the perfect place to stay for both business and leisure.
The Washington Guesthouse is Bristol's favourite B&B nestled away in the desirable Clifton area. Our bedrooms are both comfortable and competitively priced. With a full English or Continental breakfast, bowl of fresh fruit, biscuits and complimentary tea and coffee included in the price of every room, the Washington is the most affordable Bed and Breakfast in Bristol.
Food & Drink
- Full English and continental buffet breakfast included with every room.
- Breakfast - served 7am-9am Mon-Fri and 8am-10am Sat-Sun
- Breakfast Room Service available
- Discounts at Racks bar and restaurant and Caffé Clifton
- 24-hour front desk
- Check-in from 14:00
- Check-out until 11:00
- Luggage storage
- Early arrival and late departure available on request for £5 (contact reception for details on availability)
- No lift access to rooms, please ask reception for assistance carrying luggage
- Hotel Parking spaces available for £6.00
- Cannot be reserved
- On arrival at the hotel reception will issue permits for available spaces
- On-street parking in surrounding area is on a pay and display basis between Mon - Fri, 9am - 5pm.
- Room types:
- Rooms serviced daily
- Freeview TV with 80 channels
- Tea and coffee making facilities, fresh fruit and biscuits
- Wifi available free of charge
- All rooms non-smoking
- Laundry and dry cleaning services available
- Travel cots available for young children at no extra charge
- Camp beds available for children up to 10 years – charged of £15
- Security assured – when you book through our website your details are protected by a secure connection and used for booking purposes only.
- No booking fees – we do not charge any fees for our booking services.
- Best Price Guarantee – if you find a rate online cheaper than our website, not only will we match it, we’ll take 10% off it!
- Cancellation – on standard rooms, cancellations are free of charge up to 2pm the day before arrival, after this the first nights rate will be charged.
- Prepayment – on non-refundable bookings, payment will be taken at the time the booking is made.
- Pets – furry friends are welcome but please do let us know before arrival. Standard charge is £5 per animal.
- Accepted credit cards Visa, Euro/Mastercard, Diners Club, Maestro, Switch. The hotel reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
- Travel and Transport
- Places of Interest
Bristol Temple Meads Station 1.7 miles
Clifton Down Station 0.4 miles
Bristol Parkway Railway Station 5.4 miles
Bristol Bus Station 1.1 miles
Bristol Airport 7.8 miles
Bristol Zoo Gardens - 0.9 miles
SS Great Britain – 1.0 miles
M Shed Museum - 1.1 miles
Bristol City Museum and Art Gallery - 0.4 miles
At-Bristol Science Centre – 0.8 miles
Bristol Aquarium – 0.8 miles
Clifton Suspension Bridge - 0.9 miles
Bristol Cathedral – 0.8 miles
Will’s Memorial Building – 0.4 miles
Ashton Court – 2.1 miles
Queen Square – 1.1 miles
Tyntesfield – 6.2 miles
Millennium Square – 0.8 miles
Cabot Circus - 1.3 miles
Cribbs Causeway – 5.8 miles
The Galleries – 1.5 miles
Clifton Village - 0.5 miles
Castle Park – 1.5 miles
Brandon Hill Park – 0.6 miles
Victoria Square - 0.4 miles
College Green 0.8 miles
The University of Bristol - 0.4 miles
BBC Bristol - 0.2 miles
University of West England – 5.2 miles
Bristol City Council – 0.8 miles
Finding The Washington
Exit the M5 at junction 19 and follow heritage signs to the toll bridge (Clifton Suspension Bridge). Go over the suspension bridge (you will need £1 in correct change) and carry straight on until reaching a mini
Roundabout. Turn right at the roundabout on to Clifton Down Road and the 2nd left on to Merchants road. Follow the road round Victoria Square and down Queen’s Road. At the double roundabout take the 2nd left into St Paul’s Road. You will find the Washington hotel 200 yards to your right.
Leave the M4 at junction 19 and go directly on to the M32 in to Bristol. At the end of the M32 get on the right hand lane on the last set of traffic lights. Turn right at the lights and stay on the middle lane (following signs to Bus station and Clifton) until you reach a large roundabout (James Barton Roundabout). Take the second exit and drive up the hill (Park Row) past the bus station on your left. Stay on Park Row until it joins Park Street and becomes Queen’s road. Continue straight down into the triangle (staying on the right hand side lane) passing The Brass Pig bar to your left getting on to the left lane as you rejoin Queen’s road. Stay on the left lane until you pass the Victoria rooms and a fountain to your right, take the first right on to Westbourne Place and then right on to St Paul’s Road. The Washington Hotel is on your right.
From A37 (Well’s Road) and A4 (Bath Road)
Follow signs for Bristol City Centre and Bristol Temple Meads Train Station. Once you have passed the train station on your right, stay on the middle lane until you reach a large roundabout. Go straight over the round about on to a second round about where you take the first exit to your left on to Bond Street. Stay on the middle lane that goes through an underpass following signs to Clifton and the Bus Station. Continue on Bond Street until the end where you reach a large roundabout (James Barton roundabout). Take the second exit and drive up the hill (Park Row) past the bus station on your left. Stay on Park Row until it joins Park Street and becomes Queen’s Road getting on to the left lane as you rejoin
Queen’s road, stay on the left lane until you pass the Victoria rooms and a fountain to your right, take the first right on to Westbourne Place and then right on to St Paul’s Road. The Washington Hotel is on your right.